MTC funding helps add parking to BART's Antioch station
Money from MTC has helped fund the opening of 850 additional parking spaces at BART’s Antioch Station.
The new lot, funded by MTC and other key partners, is BART’s latest effort to welcome riders back and to encourage East Contra Costa County residents to take BART instead of driving.
The parking expansion and access improvement project included:
- Construction of 850 fee parking stalls
- Dedicated ADA accessible sidewalk to the Antioch Station
- Improved passenger pick-up/drop-off and bus lane circulation
- Improved wayfinding for pedestrians, cyclists, transit passengers, and drivers
- Relocated bike parking
Contra Costa Transportation Authority’s Measure J contributed more than $5 million, MTC's bridge toll funds added $3.6 million and the East Contra Costa Regional Fee and Financing Authority contributed $3 million toward the new parking lot and access improvements. BART funded $4.3 million of the total costs.
- Previous PostNew year rings in toll increase at seven Bay Area bridges
- Next PostABAG Executive Board approves final Regional Housing Needs Allocation plan