Preview of 6/8 MTC Standing Committee Meetings: Autonomous Vehicles, Primary Election Results, and Much More
Update: Video recordings of these meetings are now available.
- 6/9 MTC Planning Committee: Video Recording
- 6/9 MTC Operations Committee: Video Recording
- 6/9 MTC Legislation Committee: Video Recording
Three of MTC’s standing committees will meet starting at 10 a.m. on Friday, June 8, at the Bay Area Metro Center.
The Planning Committee will preview a report on autonomous vehicles, which will be the first Perspective Paper of the Horizon initiative. You can read the preview of the paper, too. They will also receive an overview of the project performance assessment for major transportation investments planned for Horizon and Plan Bay Area 2050. Read the attachment and the the full Planning Committee agenda.
- SB 912 (Beall): Homelessness and Affordable Housing Funding, which would require that $2 billion be allocated from the General Fund to the Department of Housing and Community Development. Proposed Position: Support.
- SB 828 (Wiener): Regional Housing Needs Assessment and Allocation, which would update the state’s methodology for assessing California’s future housing needs and make changes to the process by which councils of government distribute regional housing needs allocations to local jurisdictions. Proposed Position: Support.
Also on the Legislation Committee agenda is an update on this week’s state primary election—including Regional Measure 3, Proposition 69 (defending SB 1 funds), and Proposition 68 (a statewide park bond)—as well as a state budget update with the Governor’s proposed FY 2018-19 May revisions and status of transportation- and housing-related budget items under negotiation.
On the federal legislation side, the committee will hear updates on federal legislation to regulate autonomous vehicles and federal funding levels for transportation and housing for FY 2018-19. Read the full Legislation Committee meeting agenda.