Three meetings are scheduled for Wednesday, March 28, starting at 9:30 a.m. at the Bay Area Metro Center. Here are some highlights from the agendas and links to relevant materials for all the meetings.
1. The Bay Area Toll Authority meeting will be brief, consisting of a Chair’s report and approval of a consent calendar.
2. The MTC meeting, scheduled for 9:35 a.m., will begin with resolutions of appreciation for Commissioner Bijan Sartipi and MTC employee Paula Johnson, who are both retiring. Next on the agenda are reports from the Policy Advisory Council and Executive Director Steve Heminger, Commissioner comments, and approval of a consent calendar. The consent calendar includes the following items previously approved by MTC's standing committees:
- Administration Committee – Commission approval of several MTC resolutions.
- Legislation Committee – Commission approval/support of Assembly Bill 3124 (Bloom), which would allow the use of three-position bike racks (rather than two-position) on 60-foot articulated buses. See the attachment here.
- Programming and Allocations Committee – Commission approval of:
- Revisions to the One Bay Area Grant program and the MTC Exchange Program, including the programming of $1.5 million to reflect Community-Based Transportation Planning for each of the nine County Congestion Management Agencies and the programming of $30,000 to support functionality improvements to the Bay Area Greenprint as part of the OBAG 2 Priority Conservation Area program. See the attachment here.
- Program of projects for FY2017-18 Cap and Trade Low Carbon Transit Operating Program. See the attachment with the project list here.
- An amendment to the 2017 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) that makes revisions to 51 projects with a net funding increase of ~$74 million. See the attachment with the project list here.
- Allocation of $20 million in State Transit Assistance funds to SFMTA and VTA in support of transit operations. See the attachment here.
Finally, the following committee reports will be presented:
- Joint MTC Planning Committee with the ABAG Administrative Committee
- Programming and Allocations Committee
- Commission approval of recommended priorities for Round 3 of the Affordable Housing and Sustainable Communities program, which is a statewide competitive program funded by Cap and Trade proceeds. See the attachment here.
- Commission approval of an allocation of $1.4 million in Regional Measure 2 funds to the Transportation Authority of Marin for the North-South Greenway Project and a reservation of $3 million for the SMART Multi-Use Pathway in San Rafael. See the attachment here.
The full MTC Meeting agenda can be downloaded here.
3. The third meeting of the day will be the CASA Technical Committee meeting, scheduled to meet from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. Their agenda includes:
- Overview of current State Legislature housing bills
- Gradients of Agreement Decision-Making Tool
- CASA Framework and Key Elements of the Compact
- CASA Work Group Action Plans
- Action Plan Calendar
Download the full CASA Technical Committee meeting packet here.
Tune in to all the meetings live at https://mtc.ca.gov/whats-happening/meetings/live-webcasts.