Report: Bay Area housing remains among nation's costliest
PropertyShark took into account all residential transactions closed between January 1, 2020, and October 15, 2020. Due to several ties, the ranking includes a total of 121 zip codes.
The San Francisco Bay Area claims the highest concentration of pricey zip codes at a metro level, with 50 zip codes in the top 100 and six entries in the top 10.
Key findings from the study:
- California is home to 87 of the priciest zip codes out of 100 this year, including eight of the top 10, further strengthening its place as the most expensive housing market in the country.
- Silicon Valley suburb Atherton's 94027 is the #1 most expensive zip code for the fourth year in a row at $7 million.
- San Francisco contributed 11 zip codes in the top 100, the highest number of pricey zip codes in a city, for the 4th consecutive year.
- Santa Clara County added 15 zip codes, while San Francisco County and San Mateo County contributed 11 each.
- Marin, Contra Costa, and Alameda counties also contributed seven, four, and two zip codes, respectively.
The full report is here: https://www.propertyshark.com/Real-Estate-Reports/most-expensive-zip-codes-in-the-us
- Previous PostTake a survey: Would Marin buses on highway shoulders speed commute?
- Next PostCovid concerns close Golden Gate Bridge lots