Preview of 7/11 Meetings: BATA and MTC Committees; MTC Policy Advisory Council
Five meetings are scheduled for Wednesday, July 10, starting at 9:30 a.m. at the Bay Area Metro Center. Here are links to the full agendas and meeting packets:
- Bay Area Toll Authority Oversight Committee
- MTC Administration Committee
- MTC Programming and Allocations Committee
- MTC Policy Advisory Council Equity & Access Subcommittee
- Policy Advisory Council
Highlights from the agendas:
- The BATA Oversight Committee will seek approval of the Final Environmental Impact Report for Gateway Park, in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act.
- The MTC Programming and Allocations Committee will seek approval of:
- Revision of the FY 2018-19 Fund Estimate and allocation of $172 million in FY 2018-19 Transportation Development Act funds, State Transit Assistance funds, Assembly Bill 1107 funds, and Regional Measure 2 operating and capital funds to five transit operators to support transit operations and capital projects in the region. Read the attachment.
- Federal Earmark Repurposing. Potential projects to receive Federal Highway Administration repurposed earmark funds under the Department of Transportation Appropriations Act, 2018. Read the attachment.
- Agreement for the exchange of $1.2 million in Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority Measure funds with an equal amount of Surface Transportation Block Grant Program (STP) funds and/or Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement program (CMAQ) funds for the State Route 85 Transit Guideway Study. Read the attachment.
- Also, the Programming and Allocations Committee will receive information on:
- Draft 2019 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and Draft Air Quality Conformity Analysis for Plan Bay Area and the Draft 2019 TIP. The draft 2019 TIP was released on June 18 for public review, and the written comment period ends at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 19.
- An update from the June 27-28, 2018 California Transportation Commission meeting and Senate Bill 1 (SB 1) Programs.
- The MTC Policy Advisory Council Equity & Access Subcommittee will receive information on:
- The recommended Cycle 5 Lifeline Transportation Program, including an update on the Participatory Budgeting Pilot.
- Senate Bill 1376 (Hill): Transportation Network Companies: Accessibility — SB 1376 would require the Public Utilities Commission to develop regulations for transportation network companies relating to accessibility for persons with disabilities. The bill would also require the commission to conduct workshops with stakeholders in order to determine community demand, transportation provider supply and educational outreach objectives and to develop programs for on-demand services, service alternatives and partnerships.
- The MTC Policy Advisory Council will receive information on the Draft 2019 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Investment Analysis. The federally required TIP is the region’s transportation funding document, containing surface transportation projects based on anticipated funding over the next four years that will receive federal funds or are subject to a federally required action or are regionally significant. The written comment period ends at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, July 19, 2018.
- Previous PostCall for Ideas: Transformative Transportation Projects for the Bay Area’s Future
- Next PostPreview of 7/13 Meetings: MTC Standing Committees – “Diesel Free by ‘33” Initiative, 3 Pieces of State Legislation