Friday News Round-Up: YES Conference, Bay Area Preservation Pilot Fund, 511 Now Available in Cantonese and Mandarin
Here's a quick round-up of the latest happenings at MTC:
- Youth Environmental Activism Shines at 2018 YES Conference — Students from all over the Bay Area gathered for the Youth for the Environment and Sustainability (YES) Conference on February 24, in Oakland. Take a look at some of the highlights via this video from MTC's Mark Jones and this photo gallery.
- MTC Pledges Millions to Preserve Affordable Housing — MTC committed $10 million to establish a new revolving loan fund known as the Bay Area Preservation Pilot Fund to help nonprofit developers finance the acquisition and preservation of existing multifamily housing properties that are located in areas with high-frequency transit service and are considered affordable for lower- and moderate-income renters.
- Bay Area’s Popular 511 Phone Service Now Providing Essential Resources in Cantonese and Mandarin — The latest expansion of the toll-free 511 traveler information service allows Cantonese- and Mandarin-speaking drivers, carpoolers, and transit riders to access key services to help them on their commutes and other journeys throughout the nine-county Bay Area.
The full stories are available in the News Section on MTC's site.
- Previous PostHelp Us Plan the Future of the Bay Area!
- Next PostPreview of 3/7 Meetings: BATA Oversight Committee, MTC Administration Committee, MTC Programming and Allocations Committee