Bay Trail website moves to MTC
The Metropolitan Transportation Commission has launched a new San Francisco Bay Trail section to its website at mtc.ca.gov/baytrail. Featuring refreshed content and the latest news about the Bay Trail, a planned 500-mile regional trail along the shoreline of 47 Bay Area cities, these web pages will replace the website formerly found at baytrail.org.
The new Bay Trail landing page provides easy access to:
- An interactive map that shows locations of the Bay Trail paths, the type of surface (to better help visitors plan for the terrain) and other amenities along the way
- Maps By Numbers that have details for segments of the Bay Trail, including sites and activities along the way
- Ways to explore the Bay Trail, organized by activity, including walking, biking and places where you can bring your dog on the trail
- The history of the Bay Trail, including how it got started, where it’s going and how the public can support this resource for future generations
The Bay Trail is a joint project of MTC and the Association of Bay Area Governments. The project works with partners across the Bay Area to fulfill the vision of a shoreline bicycle and pedestrian path that will be enjoyed for generations.
The MTC website was refreshed in 2021 with accessibility and ease-of-use (especially for mobile devices) in mind, and users will benefit from an improved experience.
- Previous PostEquity effort: Bay Area toll bridge penalties lowered
- Next PostFasTrak® makes Bay Area travel easier in 2022