A Metro Talks webinar at noon Wednesday will discuss equity for all. Participants will discuss why equity requires that public agencies design for people who face the biggest barriers to access and why that work makes for a better system for everyone.
To register via an Eventbrite link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/metrotalks-designing-equity-for-those-who-face-the-biggest-barriers-tickets-441846232977.
Speakers will include:
- Naomi Armenta (moderator), Principal Planner at Nelson\Nygaard Consulting Associates
- Ron Brooks, Founder and CEO at Accessible Avenue and Senior Director – Policy and Stakeholder Engagement at UZURV
- Catherine Callahan, Mobility Manager at Transdev North America
- Dorene Giacopini, MTC Commissioner – Representing the U.S. Department of Transportation
- Maddy Ruvolo, Transportation Planner, SFMTA | Public Member, U.S. Access Board
Metro Talks is a remote series of public forums to seed and exchange ideas on how the Bay Area can transform for the better. The forums bring together prominent leaders and experts to discuss significant regional issues like housing, community development, climate change, the economy, technology and transportation.