Join MTC, the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG), the Bay Area Air Quality Management District (Air District) and communities all across California: Take the Clean Air Pledge to participate in California Clean Air Day on October 4.
There are simple things to do for Clean Air Day this week:
- Take public transit or carpool instead of driving alone.
- Try walking or biking (check out Bay Wheels bike share.)
- Attend meetings virtually instead of driving to in-person meetings.
- If drive is necessary, turn off the engine instead of idling.
For bigger lifestyle changes:
- Consider making energy-efficient investments in the home. ABAG’s Bay Area Regional Energy Network (BayREN) has rebates, toolkits and other programs for homeowners, and tips for renters, too.
- The Air District’s Clean Cars for All program helps residents of communities with poor air quality upgrade their personal vehicles for ones that are better for the air.
Bookmark SpareTheAir.org to see when the Bay Area’s air quality is expected to be poor, and to learn what to do to contribute to healthier air for everyone.