Transit operators rolling out big September discounts and free rides
As a way to bring riders back to their systems, transit agencies around the Bay Area are kicking off September with big discounts.
Among those offering deals:
- During September, BART is offering 50% off all fares paid with Clipper cards
- Caltrain is also offering a 50% discount on fares during the month
- AC Transit has “Fare Free Fridays” in September
- The County Connection is offering free rides for all the entire month
- Tri Delta Transit is also providing rides for free
- All WestCAT buses including LYNX to San Francisco are free for all of September
- Tri Valley Wheels is also offering free rides.
- The Capitol Corridor is also offering ongoing discounts
MTC and the transit agencies also have established a website, AllAboardBayArea.com, as a source for more information, including information about all participating transit agencies.
- Previous PostBART offers 50% off all Clipper fares in September
- Next PostMasks required on public transit; Biden administration extends rule