Study: where new apartments in San Jose and San Francisco are being built
A new study looks at what neighborhoods saw the most apartment construction in the last five years in San Jose, San Francisco and other big cities across the nation.
The RentCafe report shows that downtowns and hyper-urban locations were the most active construction sites, with downtown San Jose in the top 10.
Bay Area data from the report:
- Downtown San Jose saw 3,500 new units in the past five years, making it the ninth busiest area in apartment construction in the nation. Those new units make up 60% of all new apartments in San Jose.
- Another 535 units were built near the Fairgrounds in San Jose.
- In San Francisco, South of Market was the busiest neighborhood with 2,600 apartments built in the last five years. Those units account for 28% of the city's new apartments stock.
- The Potrero Hill and Dogpatch neighborhoods were next with 1,047 and 856 units respectively.
The entire study is here: https://www.rentcafe.com/blog/rental-market/market-snapshots/top-apartment-crazed-neighborhoods/.
- Previous PostRuby Bridges Walk to School Day honors child who helped desegregate Louisiana schools
- Next PostMobility open data principles advance seamless transit experience