Roundabouts become increasingly common in the Bay Area
Roundabouts are a type of circular roadway intersection that have become increasingly common in the Bay Area — improving safety on streets, roads and highways.
Roundabouts can substantially reduce crashes that result in serious injury or death, while improving traffic flow, according to the Federal Highway Administration. Roundabouts can:
- Improve safety
- Promote lower speeds and traffic calming
- Reduce conflict points
- Lead to improved operational performance
- Meet a wide range of traffic conditions because they are versatile in size, shape, and design.
- Previous PostCaltrain launches Go Pass donation program
- Next PostBART weekend ridership hits milestone