Report: Bay Area housing among the most pricey in nation
PropertyShark has just released its annual ranking of the 100 priciest zip codes in the United States and it shows homes in the Bay Area are among the most expensive in the nation.
In order to determine the most expensive zip codes in the country, PropertyShark considered all residential transactions closed between Jan. 1, 2021, and Oct. 22, 2021.
The Bay Area claims the highest concentration of zip codes at a metro level, with 47 zip codes in the top 100 and three entries in the top 10 priciest nationally, according to the report.
Bay Area findings from the study:
- Atherton's 94027 remains the No. 1 most expensive zip code in the country for the fifth year in a row, at $7.5 million.
- California accounts for 70% of the priciest housing markets, with 37% concentrated in the Bay Area.
- San Francisco has the highest concentration of expensive zip codes in any city (seven), followed by Los Angeles and New York City with six each.
- Santa Clara and San Mateo counties have 15 and 10 of the most expensive zip codes, respectively.
The full report is here: https://www.propertyshark.com/Real-Estate-Reports/most-expensive-zip-codes-in-the-us
- Previous PostMTC's Regional Active Transportation Plan is rolling
- Next PostHappy 85th to the Bay Bridge