MTC, ABAG invite public to learn about Bay Area Housing Finance Authority
Introduced by Berkeley Mayor and ABAG President Jesse Arreguin and moderated by Oakland Mayor and MTC Commissioner Libby Schaaf, the Non-Profit Housing Association of Northern California (NPH) will host a free virtual panel discussion on Monday, May 24, 2021 from 10:30 a.m. to 12 noon to explore opportunities for the new established Bay Area Housing Finance Authority (BAHFA) to help cities, towns and counties meet the Bay Area’s complex and longstanding housing challenges, and to advance racial justice.
Speakers & Panelists
- Libby Schaaf (Moderator), Oakland Mayor and MTC Commissioner
- Jesse Arreguin, Berkeley Mayor and ABAG President
- Therese McMillan, MTC-ABAG Executive Director
- Daniel Saver, MTC-ABAG Assistant Director, Housing and Local Planning
- Amie Fishman, Executive Director, NPH
- Tomiquia Moss, Founder and Chief Executive, All Home
- Jacky Morales-Ferrand, Director of Housing, City of San Jose
- Larry Florin, Chief Executive Officer, Burbank Housing
The panel discussion will illuminate BAHFA’s proposed pilot programs and the ways these programs may increase their scale. The discussion also will cover how BAHFA can support local housing strategies and take advantage of new funding opportunities from state, federal, and private philanthropic sources.
BAHFA was established in 2019 by Assembly Bill 1487 (Chiu) to provide the nine-county Bay Area with the robust regional housing infrastructure and capacity needed to advance the “3 P’s” of production, protection, and preservation. Through its shared governance model, BAHFA equips ABAG and MTC with new tools and resources to help local governments tackle the Bay Area’s housing and displacement crises while also confronting interrelated challenges such as public health and pandemic recovery, the economy, school re-openings and more.