Golden Gate changing bus route numbers for clarity
Beginning Thursday, Golden Gate Transit bus riders will begin receiving communication about changes in bus route numbering, a move intended to provide more clarity for patrons. Notices will also be posted at all active bus stops.
Then on Dec. 12, the agency will introduce the new route numbers to help customers better distinguish between Golden Gate Transit and other Bay Area bus systems.
Golden Gate has developed a new three-digit numbering system that more clearly defines routes than the previous two-digit numbering system. Other than Route 101, all current routes will get a new three-digit number:
- Route 27 will become Route 132
- Route 30 will become Route 130
- Route 40 will become Route 580
- Route 54 will become Route 154
- Route 70 will become Route 150
- Route 72 will become Route 172
- Previous PostBay Area Streets may be steep, but pavement quality is flat
- Next PostData: Bay Area bridge traffic back to near normal