Bay Area transit operators are working to keep riders and its workers safe. A federal mandate requires masks onboard, and several operators adopted vaccination policies for their workforce. Among them:
- BART employees can earn two floating paid holidays by providing proof of vaccination by Sept. 15.
- Muni's workforce must be vaccinated no later than 10 weeks after full FDA approval, per the City and County of San Francisco's policy. The policy allows for medical and religious exemptions.
- Caltrain and SamTrans employees must provide their vaccination records or submit to twice-weekly testing starting Sept. 21.
- SMART and Golden Gate Transit require new hires to provide proof of vaccination. No policy exists for current employees for either operator, but SMART signaled they will adopt a policy one this year.
- The delta variant disrupted BART's return to the office. Now it weighs vaccine mandates
- S.F. will require all city workers to be vaccinated. Those who don't could be fired
- Caltrain and SamTrans set COVID policy
- SMART tightening coronavirus inoculation policies for staff
- Golden Gate Bridge district enacts employee COVID vaccine mandate